Environmentally Sustainable Travel in Costa Rica
Top Travel Costa Rica is committed to sustainable tourism and is proud to include our guests as important allies in our efforts to reduce our impacts on nature. Travel with Top Travel Costa Rica and you too can be an environmentally sustainable traveler! With you as our ally we can ensure a more sustainable operation during trips, making the difference to preserve our natural treasures. These environmentally friendly tips will help you be a more sustainable traveler:
- Do what you can to protect the natural environment by all means.
- Ask for hotels, tours and transportation that are CST certified (Certificate of Sustainable Tourism).
- Support our National Parks System by organizing a visit. .
- Do not extract, keep or commercialize any flora or fauna. Recycle cans
- Never feed wild animals. You do them no favor.
- Denounce any violation of environmental law to your tour guides or local authorities.
- Save water and energy at all times possible.
- Please dispose of your garbage correctly and help us recycle.
- Respect established load capacities in vehicles to avoid burning gasoline unnecessarily.
- Do not go off of established trails.
- Walk quietly in national parks, etc. so that you don’t disturb the natural environment.
- Do not hunt, hurt or disturb wild animals.
- Follow instructions for sustainable practices given by your tour guides and local authorities.
- Carry your drinks in reusable bottles and avoid disposable plastic bottles.
- Please do not smoke while in natural environments, and respect Costa Rica’s law against smoking in all public places.
- Collaborate with your hotels’ sustainable practices.
- Share these conduct standards with other tourists.
Environmental sustainability is achieved successfully if we all work together. This is our home and we need to preserve it. Thank you very much for all of your sustainable efforts and your “green” conscience. We hope these tips will help you enjoy your trip in a sustainable way!