Being a traveler comes with the responsibility of knowing & respecting all legislation in order to practice responsible tourism. Top Travel Costa Rica, as a part of its commitment to sustainability, informs suppliers, employees and clients about applicable laws and regulations. These are a useful guideline to protect our flora, fauna and national patrimony. Please keep these laws always in mind.
- Environmental Law: Declares the environment to be a national heritage and that every person has the right to enjoy a healthy environment. Harm to the environment is a crime punished with jail.
- Forest Law: Protects the natural environment as an essential function of the government, and prohibits the exploitation of forests in protected areas.
- Wildlife Law: The wild flora and fauna of the country is a national heritage and it is of national interest to protect them.
- CITES International Convention: An international treaty to regulate international commerce of flora and fauna, especially regarding endangered species.
- Regulation for Public Use of Wild Protected Areas: Defines basic guidelines for the sustainable and proper use of some of the most visited protected areas.
- Law against Archeological Trade: Prohibits the commerce and exportation of archeological objects and establishes this action as a crime punished with jail.
- Law against Sexual Harassment: Prohibits and punishes sexual harassment in Costa Rica.
- Law against the Sexual Commercial Exploitation of Children and Adolescents: Protects children and adolescents against commercial sexual exploitation.
- Law against the Consumption of Illegal Drugs: Establishes which drugs are illegal in Costa Rica, and regulation against commerce and consumption of these drugs.
- Equal Opportunities Law: Declares that it is of national interest to protect the rights of persons with disabilities.
Please respect all our these laws. You can also help by informing any violation of these laws to the local authorities or to Top Travel Costa Rica so we can take action. The country thanks you for being a responsible traveler.
Are you a responsible and green traveler? Keep learning more about sustainable tourism or start your free vacation design right away and support a company committed to sustainability!